Why Integrity Matters
The sports we love play an integral role in our day-to-day lives.
Fair competition and respect are positive values in American sports. These values must be protected.
Failure to protect sports integrity:
- Leaves sports exposed to betting-related corruption
- Undermines public trust in sport
- Damages the core values at the heart of American sports, including fair competition and maximum effort.
No Regulation, No Transparency, No Control
The U.S. is home to one of the world’s largest illegal betting markets, with an estimated $150 billion wagered illegally each year.
The unregulated market offers:
- ZERO protection for U.S. citizens
- ZERO economic benefit to the nation
- ZERO legal provisions to protect sports integrity
“To me it’s very clear, you don’t want to do anything that’s going to negatively impact the integrity of our game.”
“Any new approach must ensure the integrity of the game… I believe that sports betting should be brought out of the underground and into the sunlight where it can be appropriately monitored and regulated.”
“Any sports betting legislation must include clear, robust and enforceable protections to mitigate any possible risks to our game.”
Hear from Global Experts on the Importance of Sports Integrity
Support Sports Integrity
Our Integrity Partners